Contents of Article
- Let’s learn more about Arm & Hammer cat litter.
- What types of cat litter does Arm & Hammer offer?
- Where to Buy Arm & Hammer Cat Litter
- What do customers think about Arm & Hammer cat litter?
- Arm & Hammer Litter Clump & Seal Multi-Cat Litter Review
Let’s learn more about Arm & Hammer cat litter.
When you hear the words Arm & Hammer, you probably think of one thing: baking soda.
Arm & Hammer is a brand owned by Church & Dwight, a company founded in 1846. Since 1846, Church & Dwight has produced and marketed baking soda – a trade name for sodium bicarbonate. The company is still best known for baking soda and incorporates the compound into most of their wide selection of personal care and household products.
Through the use of innovative formulas, emphasis on deodorizing agents, and Arm & Hammer’s branding, every Arm & Hammer litter projects a heavy-duty image.
Most of Arm & Hammer’s cat litter products contain baking soda. Sodium bicarbonate is naturally deodorizing, making it a good addition to your cat’s litter.
What types of cat litter does Arm & Hammer offer?
Unlike some smaller cat litter brands that specialize in one type of litter and keep the selection slim, Arm & Hammer has a wide variety of formulas, all of which are geared towards specific user needs.
Arm & Hammer currently offers an impressive thirteen different cat litter formulas.
Arm & Hammer cat litter is available at price points ranging from budget to premium, making the brand appropriate for both budget shoppers and people who want to spend a little more on their cat’s litter.
- Clump & Seal™ Cat Litter – Scented clumping clay litter designed to immediately seal in odors.
- Clump & Seal™ LightWeight Cat Litter – Scented, odor-neutralizing clumping clay litter. 50% lighter than the original Clump & Seal™ litter.
- Ultra Last™ Cat Litter – Coated in baking soda and designed to stay fresh all day.
- Double Duty Clumping Litter – This clumping clay litter focuses on immediately eliminating both feces and urine odors.
- Super Scoop™ Clumping Litter, Fresh Scent – A budget-friendly scented clumping clay litter designed for fast and easy scooping.
- Super Scoop™ Clumping Litter, Fragrance Free – A budget-friendly unscented clumping clay litter designed for fast and easy scooping.
- Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter, Fresh Scent – Budget-priced scented clumping clay litter, concentrated for multiple cats.
- Multi-Cat Strength Clumping Litter, Unscented – Budget-priced unscented clumping clay litter, concentrated for multiple cats.
- Clump & Seal™ MicroGuard Litter – An antibacterial clumping clay litter.
- Multi Cat Slide™ Easy Clean-Up Clumping Litter – A clumping clay litter designed to not stick to the litter box.
- Clump & Seal™ Naturals Cat Litter – Made from natural wood fibers and plant-based clumping agents.
- Naturals Multi-Cat Clumping Litter – Clumping litter made from 100% natural corn fibers.
- Naturals Double Duty Clumping Litter – Corn-based litter focused on superior odor control.
Where to Buy Arm & Hammer Cat Litter
Arm & Hammer cat litter is available through groceries, big box stores, and a number of online retailers.
What do customers think about Arm & Hammer cat litter?
In order to understand how customers feel about Arm & Hammer cat litter, let’s see what they say about one of the brand’s most popular formulas.
Arm & Hammer’s popular Clump & Seal Multi-Cat litter has a 4.5 out of 5 star rating on Chewy. 93% of of over 850 reviewers say they’d recommend this product.
Positive reviews say that the litter destroys odors and clumps well, making it easy to maintain a fresh-smelling box. The fragrance used in the litter tends to take center stage in negative comments. The litter is scented, and the added fragrance offends some people and cats.
Take a look at a few real customer reviews:
“Clump & Seal is great. I have 2 cats and 15 pounds of product lasts a month. Obviously, it clumps and seals…and It masks cat elimination odors without a heavy perfume scent of it’s own. Also, my wife likes me 3% more since we started using Clump & Seal.” – John
“I have three cats and it has been so hard for me to find a good litter to cover up the smell. This one does! even as you are scooping it out, it smells like someone sprayed air freshener. it clumps well and it so finely ground, it doesnt track through the whole house. definitely the best litter I have tried by far.” – Megan
“While there is good clumping effect it almost goes too far and you go thru this litter very fast. It makes large piles out of urine, more so than other litters. It is soft and therefore not as easy to sift as other litters either. I won’t be buying it again. The only thing I did like was the smell but it is a little overpowering considering I have it downstairs in a seperate room and can still smell the perfume upstairs in the living room.” – Jenn
“This was not advertised as a scented litter, and the fake floral smell is nauseating. I used it for 3 days and then had to throw the rest of the box away. My cat smelled like gas station bathroom air freshener every time he used his box.” – beth
This litter is specially formulated to eliminate odors. Arm & Hammer claims that it guarantees an odor-free home for a full seven days.
The litter has small granules that are designed to tightly clump and seal in waste. The proprietary blend of moisture-activated micro granules create an odor-containing seal around any waste.
In addition to locking in moisture and odors, the small granules are comfortable on your cat’s paws. Cats prefer litter with a fine, sand-like texture. This litter is the kind of easy-to-dig substrate they crave.
Its combination of heavy-duty odor eliminators and baking soda work to eliminate odors on contact. According to customer reviews, the product lives up to its claims of 7 day odor control. It’s a powerful odor eliminator designed to stand up to heavy use in multiple cat homes.
One of this litter’s biggest flaws is the fact that it’s a scented litter. Cats generally dislike added fragrances, and many people are also sensitive to perfume. While some say that the litter’s scent is light and unobtrusive, a vocal minority claim that the perfume is too intense.
Like other scented litter, it’s not a good choice for sensitive cats or those who are allergic to perfumes.
The Clump & Seal™ formula is designed to create minimal dust, and customer reviews back up the low-dust claim. The litter has a low-tracking formula that promises to keep litter in the litter box instead of sticking to your cat’s feet.
Arm & Hammer Clump & Seal™ litter is made in the USA.
The litter costs around $.51/lb. This is on the higher end for a clay litter.
The litter comes in three box sizes: 14 lbs, 19 lbs, and 28 lbs.