Contents of Article
- Where is Weruva Cat Food Made?
- Are There Any Recalls for Weruva Cat Food in 2022?
- Weruva Cat Food Coupons 2022
- What Kind of Products Does Weruva Offer?
- Wet Cat Food Recipe Review: Weruva Cats in the Kitchen Fowl Ball Chicken & Turkey Recipe
Weruva may be a strange name for a pet food company, but once you learn a little more about this brand you may change your mind. The Weruva Company is a luxurious line of natural pet foods made with premium proteins and other healthy ingredients to nourish your cat’s body from the inside out. In addition to using high-quality ingredients in their recipes, Weruva also follows a simple nutritional philosophy – keep it simple, keep it safe. This company doesn’t load up their recipes with low-quality fillers or artificial additives, they simply use the best ingredients available in carefully formulated recipes to deliver complete and balanced nutrition. While many pet food brands offer an assortment of both dry food and wet food options, Weruva is unique in that they only offer wet foods for cats. They do, however, offer a wide variety of product choices so you can choose the option that best suits your cat’s nutritional needs and preferences.
Where is Weruva Cat Food Made?
The Weruva Company was founded by husband and wife pair David and Stacie Forman who set out to create a high-quality homemade diet for their cats. The name of this brand is an amalgamation of their rescued cats’ names – Webster, Rudi, and Vanessa. Though the company began with a line of cat food products, it has since expanded to include dog food products as well. Today, the Weruva Company is headquartered in Natick, Massachusetts and all of their products are manufactured in human-grade facilities located in Thailand.
Are There Any Recalls for Weruva Cat Food in 2022?
When evaluating the quality of a pet food brand, you need to consider where their products are made in addition to how they are made. Most high-quality pet food manufacturers produce their pet foods in the United States but Weruva is not one of them. Many of Weruva’s products are made in human-grade facilities in Thailand which, according to the company website, are held to the highest standards for safety and quality. The company does produce some of their dog food products in U.S.-based facilities, however. Although having their products made outside the U.S. may be a red flag, it bodes well for the company that it has never been affected by a recall to date.
Weruva Cat Food Coupons 2022
What Kind of Products Does Weruva Offer?
The Weruva brand of cat food specializes in wet foods rather than dry foods, though they do have a limited offering of dry foods for dogs. Weruva’s wet food products can be divided into five different product lines. The Weruva Truluxe line of products is their newest offering, made up of five of the brand’s classic recipes with the addition of five new recipes – they all feature premium proteins like grass-fed Australian beef and wild salmon. The original line of Weruva recipes features boneless breast meat chicken and fish loins as the primary proteins and all of these recipes are meat-rich and low in fat. These two product lines are a little bit more expensive than Weruva’s other offerings.
The Best Feline Friend (BFF) line of product comes in both cans and pouches, featuring red meat tuna as the base ingredient with supplementary proteins like boneless white meat chicken and skinless duck breast. This is the most cost-effective option for Weruva’s product lines, though the Cats in the Kitchen line is affordable as well. This line is a cross between the classic Weruva line and the Best Feline Friend line, featuring white breast meat chicken, fish loins, and other healthy ingredients. The last of Weruva’s offerings is a line of pouches called Pumpkin Patch Up which features pumpkin supplements to boost your cat’s dietary fiber intake.
Weruva Canned Cat Food Products: As it has already been mentioned, Weruva offers four different product lines for wet cat food in both cans and pouches as well as a line of supplements and treats. Each of these product lines is unique in terms of formulation, and they are also available at different price points so that all cat owners can afford to feed their cat a high-quality product. Below you will find a list of Weruva’s wet cat food products divided by product line:
Weruva TruLuxe Canned Food Recipes:
- On the Cat Wok with Chicken & Beef in Pumpkin Soup
- Kawa Booty with Kawakawa Tuna in Gravy
- Mediterranean Harvest with Tuna & Veggies in Gravy
- Peking Ducken with Chicken & Duck in Gravy
- Steak Frites with Beef & Pumpkin in Gravy
- Glam ‘N Punk with Lamb & Duck in Gelee
- Honor Roll with Saba in Gravy
- Meow Me a River with Basa in Gravy
- Pretty in Pink with Salmon in Gravy
- Quick ‘N Quirky with Chicken & Turkey in Gravy
Weruva Original Canned Food Recipes:
- Paw Lickin’ Chicken with Chicken in Gravy
- Grandma’s Chicken Soup with Chicken & Pumpkin
- Funky Chunky Chicken Soup with Pumpkin
- Nine Liver with Chicken & Chicken Liver in Gravy
- Green Eggs and Chicken with Chicken, Egg and Greens in Gravy
- Outback Grill with Trevally & Barramundi in Aspic
- Marbella Paella with Mackerel and Shrimp in Aspic
- Asian Fusion wit Tuna & Shirasu in Aspic
- Mack and Jack with Mackerel and Grilled Skipjack in Aspic
- Polynesian BBQ with Grilled Red Bigeye in Aspic
- Meow Luau with Mackerel and Pumpkin
- Mideast Feast with Grilled Tilapia in Gravy
Best Feline Friend Cans and Pouches:
- Tuna & Bonito Be Mine Recipe
- Tuna Too Cool Recipe
- Tuna & Shrimp Sweethearts in Gravy
- Tuna & Pumpkin Valentine in Gravy
- Tuna & Salmon Soulmates Recipe
- Tuna & Tilapia Twosome Recipe
- Tuna & Chicken 4EVA Recipe
- Tuna & Chicken Chuckles Recipe
- Tuna & Chicken Charm Me Recipe
- Tuna & Beef Baby Cakes Recipe
- Tuna & Turkey Tickles Recipe
- Tuna & Salmon Sweet Cheeks Recipe
- Tuna & Lamb Luv Ya Recipe
- Tuna & Duck Devour Me Recipe
Cats in the Kitchen Cans and Pouches:
- 1 If By Land, 2 If By Sea Tuna, Beef & Salmon in Gravy
- Chick Magnet Chicken & Mackerel in Gravy
- Love Me Tender Chicken & Duck in Gravy
- Mack, Jack and Sam Salmon, Mackerel, & Skip Jack Tuna in Gravy
- Pumpkin Jack Splash Tuna in Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin Lickin’ Chicken Chicken in Pumpkin Soup
- Chick Fric ‘A Zee Chicken Recipe Au Jus
- Fowl Ball Chicken & Turkey Recipe Au Jus
- Funk in the Trunk Chicken Recipe in Pumpkin Consommé
- Goldie Lox Chicken & Salmon Recipe Au Jus
- Kitty Gone Wild Salmon Recipe Au Jus
- La Isla Bonita Mackerel & Shrimp Recipe Au Jus
- Lamb Burgini Lamb Recipe Au Jus
- Splash Dance Chicken & Ocean Fish Recipe Au Jus
- The Double Dip Chicken & Beef Recipe Au Jus
- Two Tu Tango Sardine, Tuna & Turkey Recipe Au Jus
Weruva Treats and Supplements: In addition to a wide variety of canned foods and pouches, Weruva also offers a limited variety of treats and supplements. The Pumpkin Patch Up supplement is designed for both cats and dogs, made with fresh pumpkin to supplement your cat’s fiber intake. As for treats, there are two options – Paw Lickin’ Chicken and Blue Water Whitefish. Both of these treat options are grain-free and freeze-dried for maximum nutritional value.
Wet Cat Food Recipe Review: Weruva Cats in the Kitchen Fowl Ball Chicken & Turkey Recipe
This Weruva Cats in the Kitchen Fowl Ball Chicken & Turkey Recipe is loaded with healthy protein and natural flavor, relying on chicken and turkey as the primary sources of protein. Not only will this recipe meet your cat’s needs for protein, but it is also rich in healthy fats from sunflower seed oil and fish oil – these two ingredients combine to provide a balance of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids. These oils will boost your cat’s immune health while also promoting healthy skin and coat. After feeing your cat this recipe for a few days, you will notice that his coat becomes smoother and silkier than ever before.
In addition to meeting your cat’s needs for protein and healthy fats, this recipe also provides some dietary fiber to help regulate your cat’s digestion. This recipe is completely grain-free and starch-free, so it relies on locust bean gum, guar gum, and xanthan gum to provide some dietary fiber in addition to thickening the recipe. The remaining ingredients used in this Weruva Cats in the Kitchen Fowl Ball Chicken & Turkey Recipe include synthetic vitamin and mineral supplements. It is good to see that this recipe is balanced in terms of nutrients, but it would be better if some of the nutrients came from natural sources and if some of the mineral supplements were chelated. This recipe could also benefit from some dried fermentation products to act as probiotics.
This Weruva Cats in the Kitchen Fowl Ball Chicken & Turkey Recipe has a guaranteed analysis as follows:
- Crude Protein (Min) – 10.3%
- Crude Fat (Min) – 5.8%
- Crude Fiber (Max) – 1%
- Moisture (Max) – 82%
- Calorie Content – 151 per 6-ounce can
This recipe is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for all life stages. For the best results, follow the feeding recommendations for several weeks while keeping an eye on your cat’s bodyweight and condition. If your cat appears to be gaining an unhealthy amount of weight, you may need to scale back his daily portion a little bit. For cats that lose weight or become lethargic, consider increasing the daily portion. This product should be fed at room temperature and any uneaten portion should be refrigerated.
Weruva Canned Cat Food Recipe Rating: 4/5 stars
This Weruva Cats in the Kitchen Fowl Ball Chicken & Turkey Recipe receives a 4 out of 5 star rating. Where this recipe succeeds is in the inclusion of two quality proteins – chicken and turkey – which provide plenty of protein as well as natural flavor. This formula also contains two sources of fat, though it would be better if the fish oil were listed first, making it the primary source of fat in this recipe. For carbohydrates, this recipe is very limited – it would be an improvement to see some fresh fruits and vegetables included not only as supplementary sources of fiber, but as natural sources for key vitamins and minerals. This recipe would also benefit from the addition of dried fermentation products to act as probiotics, helping to regulate and improve your cat’s digestion.
Overall, the Weruva pet food brand seems to offer decent nutritional value and quality, though the company doesn’t provide specific information about where their ingredients come from. It may also raise a red flag for some cat owners that Weruva’s cat food products are manufactured outside of the U.S. in Thailand. Where this brand succeeds is in providing a wide variety of product choices, many of which are grain-free and many of which are made with novel proteins like duck and tuna. Where this brand is lacking, however, is in the exclusion of chelated minerals and probiotics from their recipes. If you are looking for a quality cat food brand to offer your cat, Weruva is a good option but you may be able to do better.