Contents of Article
- Where is Wellness Cat Food Made?
- Are There Any Recalls for Wellness Cat Food in 2018?
- Wellness Cat Food Coupons 2018
- What Kind of Products Does Wellness Offer?
- Dry Cat Food Recipe Review: Wellness Complete Health Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal & Rice Formula Dry Food
- Wet Cat Food Recipe Review: Wellness CORE Grain-Free Hearty Cuts in Gravy Shredded Chicken & Tuna Recipe
With a name like “Wellness” you can expect high-quality pet food products made with premium ingredients and that is exactly what the Wellness Company delivers. Wellness is dedicated to creating the healthiest pet foods on the planet, designed in keeping with a holistic approach to pet nutrition. This company believes that long-term health and wellness is closely related to the quality of a pet’s diet, so they rely on a team of animal lovers, pet nutritionists, and veterinarians to formulate their products properly. According to the Wellness website, this company creates their recipes by “selecting nature’s finest ingredients and combining them in exact proportions to help support your pet’s health and wellbeing”. Furthermore, this company offers their customers the “Wellness Difference” which promises authentic, real food ingredients with no artificial additives. By using a small number of simple, pure ingredients, Wellness delivers high-quality products for cats in all life stages.
Where is Wellness Cat Food Made?
The Wellness brand of cat food is produced and manufactured by WellPet, LLC. The history of this company can be traced all the way back to the Old Mother Hubbard Company and the release of oven-baked dog biscuits in 1926. In the years that followed, Wellness has expanded into a well-known brand of holistic pet food products for both dogs and cats. The Wellness website doesn’t state exactly where their ingredients come from or where their products are made, but their product labels carry a “Made in the U.S.A.” stamp.
Are There Any Recalls for Wellness Cat Food in 2018?
The Wellness company states that they make an effort to use only high-quality ingredients in their products and that they follow strict standards for safety and quality. Even so, the Wellness brand has been affected by three recalls in recent history. Here are the details:
- In February 2011, the FDA issued a recall for two Wellness cat food products due to inadequate levels of thiamine. The products affected were the Wellness Chicken & Herring recipe and all flavors and sizes of wellness canned food with “Best By” dates of April 14 through September 30, 2013.
- In May 2012, the FDA issued a recall for Wellness Complete Health Super5Mix Large Breed Puppy formula dry food due to potential salmonella contamination.
- In October 2012, the Wellness Company issued a voluntary recall for Wellness Small Breed Adult Health Dry Dog food formula due to possible moisture contamination.
Wellness Cat Food Coupons 2018
What Kind of Products Does Wellness Offer?
The Wellness Company offers a wide variety of product choices for cats in all life stages, including a number of grain-free options. All of Wellness’ products are made with real meats and fresh fruits and veggies, free from artificial colors, flavors and preservatives as well as corn, wheat, and soy ingredients. You can count on Wellness cat food products to deliver premium nutrition and plenty of natural flavor that your cat will find irresistible. In terms of their product offerings, Wellness offers an assortment of dry foods, wet foods, and snacks/treats. For dry foods, Wellness offers the Complete Health line of life stages recipes, the CORE line of grain-free recipes, and the TruFood line of baked cat foods. For wet foods, there is a large variety of canned entrees, meal complements, and semi-moist foods and there is also a line of grain-free, all-natural cat treats.
Wellness Dry Cat Food Products:
Wellness dry foods can be divided into three main product lines: Complete Health, CORE, and TruFood. The Complete Health line of products includes seven different recipes formulated for kittens, adult cats, and senior cats with specialized formulas for indoor cats and for weight management. The CORE line of products includes two air-dried formulas and four grain-free kibbles for kittens, adult cats, and indoor cats. The TruFood line of products includes four baked blends for kittens, adult cats, and indoor cats featuring grain-free carbohydrates and premium proteins. There is also a single product in the Solutions line – it is designed for hairball control. Here is a list of all of Wellness’ dry cat food products:
Complete Health Dry Cat Food Recipes:
- Kitten Health
- Healthy Weight
- Indoor Health
- Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal & Rice
- Salmon, Salmon Meal & Deboned Turkey
- Senior Health Deboned Chicken & Chicken Meal
- Indoor Health Salmon & Whitefish Meal
CORE Dry Cat Food Recipes:
- Air-Dried Indoor Cat Chicken & Turkey Formula
- Air-Dried Original Cat Turkey & Chicken Formula
- Grain-Free Kitten Formula
- Grain-Free Original Formula
- Grain-Free Turkey, Turkey Meal & Duck Formula
- Grain-Free Indoor Formula
Solutions Dry Cat Food Recipes:
- Wellness Natural Hairball Control Chicken Meal & Rice Recipe
TruFood Baked Blends Dry Food Recipes:
- Kitten Chicken, Lentils & Chicken Liver Recipe
- Indoor Adult Cat Chicken, Chickpeas, 7 Chicken Liver Recipe
- Adult Cat Chicken, Chicken Liver, & Lentils Recipe
- Adult Cat Salmon, Lentils & Turkey Liver Recipe
Wellness Canned Cat Food Products:
In addition to offering a variety of dry food options, Wellness also has a large assortment of wet cat foods. These recipes are made with the same quality ingredients as their dry foods but they have higher moisture content. Wellness wet foods can be offered as a staple diet or used as a special treat or meal topper. Here is a list of Wellness’ wet cat food products:
CORE Hearty Cuts Recipes:
- Grain-Free Indoor Shredded Chicken & Turkey
- Grain-Free Shredded Chicken & Tuna
- Grain-Free Shredded Chicken & Turkey
- Grain-Free Shredded Whitefish & Salmon
CORE Wet Cat Food Recipes:
- Grain-Free Kitten Formula
- Grain-Free Chicken, Turkey & Chicken Liver Formula
- Grain-Free Whitefish, Salmon & Herring Formula
- Grain-Free Beef, Venison & Lamb Formula
- Grain-Free Turkey & Duck Formula
- Grain-Free Indoor Formula
Divine Duos Wet Cat Food Recipes:
- Divine Duos with Chicken Pate & Diced Turkey
- Divine Duos with Chicken Pate & Diced Salmon
- Divine Duos with Beef Pate & Diced Chicken Liver
- Divine Duos with Tilapia Pate & Diced Ahi Tuna
- Divine Duos with Tuna Pate & Diced Salmon
- Divine Duos with Chicken Pate & Diced Duck
Complete Health Wet Cat Food Recipes:
- Kitten Recipe
- Chicken Recipe
- Chicken & Herring Recipe
- Chicken & Lobster Recipe
- Turkey Recipe
- Turkey & Salmon Recipe
- Salmon & Trout Recipe
- Beef & Chicken Recipe
- Beef & Salmon Recipe
Signature Selects Wet Cat Food Recipes:
- Shredded Boneless Chicken & Turkey Entrée in Sauce
- Shredded Boneless Chicken with Chicken Liver Entrée in Sauce
- Shredded Boneless Chicken & Beef Entrée in Sauce
- Chunky Beef & Boneless Chicken Entrée in Sauce
- Chunky Boneless Chicken & Wild Salmon Entrée in Sauce
- Chunky Turkey & Boneless Chicken Entrée in Sauce
- Flaked Skipjack Tuna with Wild Salmon Entrée in Sauce
- Flaked Skipjack Tuna with Shrimp Entrée in Sauce
Cubed, Sliced, and Minced Wet Cat Food Recipes:
- Minced Chicken Dinner
- Minced Salmon Dinner
- Minced Tuna Dinner
- Minced Turkey & Salmon Entrée
- Minced Turkey Entrée
- Cubed Chicken Entrée
- Cubed Salmon Dinner
- Cubed Tuna Entrée
- Cubed Turkey & Salmon Entrée
- Cubed Turkey Dinner
- Sliced Chicken Entrée
- Sliced Salmon Entrée
- Sliced Turkey & Salmon Dinner
- Sliced Turkey Entrée
TruFood Tasty Pairings Wet Cat Food Recipes:
- Chicken, Carrots & Chicken Liver Recipe
- Chicken, Pumpkin, & Turkey Recipe
- Carrots, Tuna & Turkey Recipe
- Chicken, Carrots, & Crab Recipe
- Peas, Cod, & Shrimp Recipe
- Pumpkin, Beef & Salmon Recipe
TruFood Meal Complements Wet Cat Food Recipes:
- Flaked Salmon & Tuna in Broth
- Flaked Tuna & Shrimp in Broth
- Shredded Chicken Breast in Broth
- Shredded Chicken Breast & Flaked Mackerel in Broth
Healthy Indulgence Cat Pouches:
- Shreds with Chicken & Turkey in Light Sauce
- Shreds with Skipjack Tuna & Shrimp in Light Sauce
- Gravies with Bits of Chicken & Turkey Smothered in Gravy
- Gravies with Bits of Tuna & Mackerel Smothered in Gravy
- Morsels with Chicken & Chicken in Savory Sauce
- Morsels with Chicken & Salmon in Savory Sauce
- Morsels with Chicken & Turkey in Savory Sauce
- Morsels with Salmon & Tuna in Savory Sauce
- Morsels with Tuna in Savory Sauce
- Morsels with Turkey & Duck in Savory Sauce
Wellness Cat Snacks and Treats:
The Wellness Company offers a single line of cat snacks and treats called Kittles. These treats are all-natural and grain-free, made with high-quality proteins and loaded with natural flavor. Here is a list of all Kittles cat treats:
- Chicken & Cranberries Recipe
- Duck & Cranberries Recipe
- Salmon & Cranberries Recipe
- Turkey & Cranberries Recipe
- Whitefish & Cranberries Recipe
- Tuna & Cranberries Recipe
Dry Cat Food Recipe Review: Wellness Complete Health Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal & Rice Formula Dry Food
This Wellness Complete Health Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal & Rice Formula Dry Food is a high-quality everyday diet made with premium proteins and digestible whole-grain carbohydrates. Supplemented with omega fatty acids for skin and coat health, this recipe will have your cat not just feeling great, but looking great too. Digestible carbohydrates and supplemental probiotics will support your cat’s digestion while antioxidants and phytonutrients support his immune system and general health and wellbeing.
The first two ingredients in this recipe are deboned chicken and chicken meal – these ingredients alone speak to the high protein content of this recipe. For carbohydrates, this recipe relies on digestible grains like ground barley and rice with tomato pomace, cranberry fiber, and ground flaxseed as supplementary sources of dietary fiber. The main source of fat in this recipe is chicken fat which is also supplemented by the flaxseed. It is also worth noting that this recipe includes chelated minerals for maximum nutrient absorption and dried fermentation products for probiotic support. This recipe is free from low-quality fillers and artificial additives as well. Overall, it is a high-quality dry food for adult cats.
This Wellness Complete Health Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal & Rice recipe has a guaranteed analysis as follows:
- Crude Protein (Min) – 36%
- Crude Fat (Min) – 17%
- Crude Fiber (Max) – 3%
- Moisture (Max) – 11%
- Taurine (Min) – 0.2%
- Omega-6 Fatty Acids (Min) – 3.25%
- Omega-3 Fatty Acids (Min) – 0.45%
- Calorie Content – 555 calories/cup
This recipe is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for maintenance. To feed your cat this recipe, offer ½ to ¾ cups for cats weighing 7 to 10 pounds per day, ideally dividing it into two meals. Follow the feeding recommendations for several weeks while keeping an eye on your cat’s bodyweight and condition. If your cat appears to be gaining an unhealthy amount of weight, you may need to scale back his daily portion a little bit. For cats that lose weight or become lethargic, consider increasing the daily portion. This product should be fed at room temperature and stored in a cool, dry location.
Wellness Dry Cat Food Recipe Rating: 4/5 stars
This Wellness Complete Health Deboned Chicken, Chicken Meal & Rice Formula Dry Food receives a rating of 4 out of 5 stars because it delivers high-quality, balanced nutrition but some of the ingredients could be improved. This recipe features high-quality proteins but the carbohydrates could be improved by swapping them out for whole grains like whole brown rice or whole-grain oatmeal. The primary carb used in this recipe is ground barley which contains gluten, making it an allergen risk for cats with sensitive stomachs. The use of tomato pomace may also raise a red flag for some cat owners, though there is no definitive evidence to suggest that this ingredient is harmful for cats.
Wet Cat Food Recipe Review: Wellness CORE Grain-Free Hearty Cuts in Gravy Shredded Chicken & Tuna Recipe
This Wellness CORE Grain-Free Hearty Cuts in Gravy Shredded Chicken & Tuna Recipe is made with thick, meaty cuts of chicken and tuna then simmered in a delicious gravy. The main ingredient in this recipe is fresh chicken which is followed by both chicken broth and fish broth – these two ingredients add to the flavor and moisture content of the product. The next three ingredients serve as supplemental sources of protein including chicken liver, tuna, and dried egg whites. For dietary fiber, this recipe utilizes potato starch and fresh carrots with cranberries, spinach, and flaxseed appearing later in the list.
For healthy fats, this recipe relies on salmon oil and canola oil which provide a balance of omega fatty acids. The remaining ingredients on the list consist primarily of botanicals, extracts, and synthetic nutrient supplements. Several of the mineral supplements are chelated which is a good thing – they are minerals that have been bound to protein molecules which makes them easier for your cat’s body to digest and absorb. The one thing missing from this recipe is dried fermentation products or some other source of probiotics, though inulin is included which acts as a prebiotic.
This Wellness CORE Grain-Free Hearty Cuts in Gravy Shredded Chicken & Tuna recipe has a guaranteed analysis as follows:
- Crude Protein (Min) – 9%
- Crude Fat (Min) – 3%
- Crude Fiber (Max) – 1%
- Moisture (Max) – 82%
- Taurine (Min) – 0.07%
- Calorie Content – 148 per 5.5-ounce can
This recipe is formulated to meet the nutritional levels established by AAFCO Cat Food Nutrient Profiles for growth and maintenance. To feed your cat this recipe, offer 1 ½ cans per 7 pounds of bodyweight per day, ideally dividing it into two meals. Growing kittens may require up to twice this amount and pregnant or lactating female cats may need two to four times this amount. For adult cats, follow the feeding recommendations for several weeks while keeping an eye on your cat’s bodyweight and condition. If your cat appears to be gaining an unhealthy amount of weight, you may need to scale back his daily portion a little bit. For cats that lose weight or become lethargic, consider increasing the daily portion. This product should be fed at room temperature and any uneaten portion should be refrigerated.
Wellness Canned Cat Food Recipe Rating: 5/5 stars
This Wellness CORE Grain-Free Hearty Cuts in Gravy Shredded Chicken & Tuna Recipe receives a 5/5 star rating because it offers balanced nutrition through the use of quality ingredients. Not only is this recipe rich in protein, but it also offers a balance of healthy fats with natural sources for key nutrients. This recipe is naturally grain-free but still provides some digestible carbohydrates as sources for dietary fiber, plus it includes several chelated minerals for maximum nutrient absorption. Simply put, this canned food recipe would make a great staple diet for your cat or you can use it as a food topper or supplemental food.
Overall, Wellness is a high-quality brand of cat food that offers a wide variety of product choices. In addition to traditional kibbles, this brand offers an assortment of grain-free, air-dried, and baked dog foods. There are also dozens of wet food entrees and meal complements to choose from. What truly sets Wellness apart from the competition, however, is their commitment to a holistic nutritional philosophy – they design their formulas in a way that provides your cat with all of the healthy nutrients he needs and nothing he doesn’t. Wellness doesn’t use any corn, wheat, or soy fillers in any of their recipes and they do not make use of any artificial additives like colors, flavors, and preservatives. You can count on Wellness to deliver exceptional quality, no matter which product you choose.