Contents of Article
- What types of cat litter does So Phresh offer?
- Where to Buy So Phresh
- What do customers think about So Phresh?
- So Phresh Advanced Odor Control Scoopable Fragrance Free Cat Litter Review
What types of cat litter does So Phresh offer?
So Phresh is a Petco-owned brand that sells litter and accessories, including puppy pads, animal bedding, litter boxes, litter bags, litter deodorizers, and litter scoops.
The brand has one of the most diverse cat litter product offerings you’ll find. Their product lineup includes standard clumping clay litter, silica gel crystals, and a selection of biodegradable litter that includes both grass and paper products.
All of their products tend to emphasize their odor control abilities. Most So Phresh cat litter has the word “odor” in its name, and the brand tends to make use of baking soda and other additives to control and cover odors.
Since So Phresh offers such a broad and varied selection of products, their litter comes at a wide range of prices. Their clay litter is typically on the low end of the spectrum, while silica gel crystal and biodegradable litter is more expensive.
Clay Cat Litter
- So Phresh Advanced Odor Control Scoopable Fragrance Free Cat Litter – A clumping clay litter made with advanced odor control in mind.
- So Phresh Dual Odor Guard Scoopable Cat Litter – Clumping clay cat litter designed to eliminate both urine and feces odors. It’s designed for multiple cat homes and has a fresh linen scent.
- So Phresh Lightweight Odor Control Cat Litter – A lightweight fragrance-free clumping cat litter.
- So Phresh Multi-Cat Lightweight Dual Odor Guard Litter – A lightweight clumping clay litter designed to eliminate both feces and urine odors. It’s designed for multiple cat homes and has a fresh linen scent.
Silica Gel Crystal Cat Litter
- So Phresh Odor-Lock Crystal Cat Litter – Silica gel litter designed to provide advanced odor control.
- So Phresh Scoopable Odor-Lock Clumping Micro Crystal Cat Litter in Blue Silica – Clumping silica gel crystal cat litter with a blue color.
- So Phresh Scoopable Odor-Lock Clumping Micro Crystal Cat Litter in Turquoise Silica – Clumping silica gel crystal cat litter with a turquoise color.
- So Phresh Scoopable Odor-Lock Clumping Micro Crystal Cat Litter in Pink Silica – Clumping silica gel crystal cat litter with a pink color.
Biodegradable Cat Litter
- So Phresh Odor Control Paper Pellet Cat Litter – An odor-controlling paper pellet litter made with baking soda and a fresh clean scent.
- So Phresh Odor Control Paper Cat Litter – An unscented odor-controlling paper pellet litter made with baking soda.
- So Phresh Multi-Cat Odor Control Crumble Paper Litter – An odor-controlling soft-texture crumble paper litter with baking soda and a fresh scent.
- So Phresh Extreme Clumping Scented Grass Seed Cat Litter – A scented clumping grass seed cat litter.
- So Phresh Extreme Clumping Unscented Grass Seed Cat Litter – An unscented clumping grass seed cat litter.
Where to Buy So Phresh
So Phresh is available in Petco stores and through the Petco website. You can also find it through other retailers, including Amazon, Walmart.com, and Drs. Foster and Smith.
What do customers think about So Phresh?
To get an idea of what people think about So Phresh cat litter, let’s take a look at a few customer reviews on a popular product.
So Phresh Advanced Odor Control Scoopable Fragrance Free cat litter has a 3.4 out of 5 star rating on Petco. It’s a divisive product: out of just 126 reviews, there are 52 5-star ratings and 32 giving the litter just one star.
Here’s what customers have to say about this popular formula:
“I wish I can find he 40lbs bag of this litter but I don’t think they make it anymore or sold out super quickly. But I like the litter it clumps up well and doesn’t stick to the cats paws. It keeps the smell down pretty well. It is a little dusty at first when pouring into the litter box but not terribly. I like it and so does my cats” – Spontaneous
“My cat was having quite a week. Just stopped using the litter box and was going in places he never did before. Decided to try another litter to see if he was developing a problem with the litter I have used for years. This product is great! He loves it! I love it also. No dust, clumps better and stays clean and dry. It is odor free but does not require baking soda for odor control. I have two cats and three litter boxes. I order this from petco because it’s a savings rather than buying from store. But, even at the store it’s a great buy.” – Tmmm
“Earlier I suspected that it was the dust that was turning this litter into a gluey mass when it got wet but I was wrong. I sifted the litter through a sieve and removed all the fine particles. IT MADE NO DIFFERENCE. So they’re using a low-cost clay that is not suitable as cat litter. It should absorb liquid but not dissolve in it. The clumping should be caused by the particles adhering to each other – not by dissolving into a sticky glob.” – Tonyd
“I was really excited to try this brand of litter because of the price. I thought, if Petco sells and advertises it so much that it has to be amazing! Well, unfortunately, you get what you pay for. There was no odor control that we noticed. It doesn’t clump tight, like I had hoped. While scooping the urine clumps they would just fall apart. Then I’m left with “dirty” litter after getting all the clumps out that I could. We ended up dumping it all out and going back to our original brand. Didn’t hurt to try I guess. But I would not recommend this for anyone. I still have a huge bag and have to throw it out.” – PiperBellaNova
This clumping clay litter concentrates on providing advanced odor control without the use of added fragrances. Because it’s free from artificial scents, it’s ideal for sensitive cats and those with perfume allergies. Sensitive people will also appreciate the neutral scent of the litter. Instead of masking odors with added fragrances, the litter contains natural minerals for superior odor control.
While the litter claims to clump powerfully, reviews are notably mixed.
Numerous customers say that the litter formula has changed over the years. Those observing this change describe a decline in clumping ability and increase in dust production. Although So Phresh claims that the litter is 99% dust-free, dust is the predominant complaint in negative reviews.
Another common complaint is that instead of quickly clumping in contact with moisture, the litter turns to sludge and sticks to the bottom of the box. This can create a frustrating litter box cleaning experience.
The litter is made in the USA.
It’s available in a 16-lb jug and 30lb and 40-lb tubs.
One of this product’s strongest draws is its price. On Petco, this litter currently costs between $.23/lb and $.34/lb, making it one of the lowest-priced cat litter products on the market.
Except for free shipping on orders over $49, Petco charges shipping based on the total weight of the order and shipping method chosen. This will add to your final cost.